On 20 January 2011 16:50, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> On 20 January 2011 15:42, Peter Miller <peter.mil...@itoworld.com> wrote:
> > ITO are pleased to offer out updated version of OSM Analysis with a
> thematic
> > overview page allowing us to see how we are getting on in different parts
> of
> > the county.
> >
> > To get the top prize 95% of the roads represented in OS Locator need to
> be
> > in OSM and there are 17 districts which achieve that today. We also have
> 88
> > districts with less that 50% coverage which need a little TLC and the
> rest
> > are in-between.
> >
> > Check out our announcement here and give it a whirl!
> >
> http://itoworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/openstreetmap-gb-progress-report.html
>
> Hmmm.
>
> An interesting piece of work. Scilly Isles, with 57 roads mapped, rank
> higher than my home town, Birmingham, with 8,972 mapped.
>
> ;-)

Its a tough world out there ;) and to rub salt into the wound it was yours
truly who 'completed' the Scilly Isles some time back having spotted an easy
target. Good luck with the final roads in Birmingham.

Seriously though...  do take time bottoming out why they are different and
use the not:name field if appropriate. Missing roads are east, just add
them, where there is a difference then it is worth taking more time and the
OS will respond to the feedback via not:name and not:name:note.

By way of example I still have outstanding issues in Ipswich which I need to
bounce off the council but haven't had time to do yet.

Peter