On 20/01/2011 17:28, Peter Miller wrote:

On 20 January 2011 17:20, Tom Chance <t...@acrewoods.net
<mailto:t...@acrewoods.net>> wrote:

    How about dialects?

    name:en
    name:cy
    name:gd
    name:gv
    name:sco
    name:ga

    Whatever other regional languages we have.

we believe that the OS Locator content is always in English. In the
Western Isles the name field for roads in OSM often holds the Gaelic
version with the English in en:name hence our support for that tag. Do
tell me if I am wrong on that.

The OS Locator data does have Gaelic names in some places.
See for example Portree: http://oscompare.raggedred.net/?zoom=15&lat=57.41533&lon=-6.20179&layers=B0TF Also some parts of Stornoway: http://oscompare.raggedred.net/?zoom=15&lat=58.21523&lon=-6.37094&layers=B0TF

Though it is inconsistent, with English names for some roads, Gaelic names for others. I have also noticed a few places where it seems to have both languages, so it has a separate box for each. For Stornoway, the Gaelic names are in the name= tag, with name:en for English. But for Portree it is mostly the English name in the name= tag, with name:gd for the Gaelic names. Its debatable which one should be considered the 'primary' name there.

Craig