Hi,

Over Christmas I've been knocking together a demo which uses kothic-js client
side rendering for Freemap, incorporating LandForm PANORAMA contours.
You can see it at http://www.free-map.org.uk/0.6/; full details on the blog
post at http://www.free-map.org.uk/wordpress/?p=221. It's best viewed in Chrome
(see the blog post), though it's been tested on Firefox 8 and Opera 11.6 as
well.

To summarise: I'm pretty impressed with the lightweight clean simplicity of the
components (e.g. Leaflet, geojson, mapcss, most of which I hadn't played with
until now) and am generally pleased with the performance of kothic-js itself.
One or two issues (not sure if the developers of kothic can answer these): I'm
having difficulty with line features at tile boundaries. If any line features
have coordinates of x=0 or y=0, or x=granularity or y=granularity, the whole
tile rendering messes up, consequently I have to convert such coordinates to 1
or granularity-1 respectively. I use postgis ST_Intersection() with the
bounding box to crop the geometries. Polygon features don't seem to have this
problem... any idea?

Overall though I'm impressed and consequently kothic-js is likely to form the
basis of the next revision of Freemap.

Nick