To: <talk-gb@openstreetmap.org>
From: Robert Norris <rw_nor...@hotmail.com>
Date: 23/03/2012 12:07AM
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Remapping update

 Re: Andy Streets changes in Hampshire.

So I thought I should get around at least to sticking in odbl=clean on ways
(mainly paths & tracks) I know to be OK, that I've personally been on whilst
cycling or walking.

Which turned out to be more interesting than I thought...

First via using JOSM it was telling me some ways might have problems, the
history check wasn't a green CT for the user
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/essjayhch.

Initially I thought odd, since they have agreed to the CTs, however checking
their diary entry revealed they have been entering in C classifications for
roads from Hampshire Council Council (via
http://www3.hants.gov.uk/adoptedroadsearch/). It's not clear this is allowed -
hence I assume essjayhch has been 'black listed' some how - but not reverted as
I guess these edits will be removed/reverted come the license change switch.
They also seem to have entered in many footpath refs too.

Clearly I can't stick a odbl=clean on any such way.

Next I then discover Andy Street had been also using Hampshire Council Council
as a source reference in various changesets, such as:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/5184209
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/8257081

Possibly this could a reason why he can not accept the CTs

In my check the other day I did not check for this type of source reference.
This also means potentially any of his 2000 changesets could be problematic -
so not just after 1st April 2010 for the OS Locator/Streetview allowed data.

PS Thanks Nick Austin for your efforts in Portsmouth (and all over Hampshire).
I don't have the patience / time / willing to do that amount of remapping.