On 25/01/2013 10:09, John Aldridge wrote:
I've encountered examples of both round here, and have so far chosen not to map them at all, on the grounds that we're trying to map the actual state of the ground, not some legal fiction.

We should be mapping to both conditions, If, on the ground, there's a sign stating its legality, then I think it should be added. The condition of the way shouldn't be the deciding factor, but it should be explained with further sub-tags. Blockages of ways are often just temporary.

I disagree with Andy Street's comment:
"If you can't traverse a right of way then it shouldn't have a highway tag."

As Chris Hill suggests contact your L.A. I've done it a few times & they did act on it, but only after a bit of difficulty explaining their own path reference numbers to them.

Cheers
Dave F.