I don't think Richard's original post was an invitation to discuss arcane
quirks of Britain's historical railway system.

I have raised the issue of wholesale tag changing several times recently,
and as this tagging is clearly not with the consensus of mappers either in
the UK or elsewhere, I would suggest it be reverted.

Casual changing of tags can create a lot of work for people. That is one of
the reasons why it needs to be discussed. In this case the different tag
could have been added rather than obliterate a widely used tag convention.

I would support a reversion of these edits, and ask the contributor to
consult with this list first.

Jerry