I notice that a section of HS2 phase 2 has popped up in OSM:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/203945312/history

Let's assume that the route of a fairly major proposed construction project is something that ought to be in OSM (it's likely to be built, unlike a number of "wishlist" projects also in OSM that are unlikely to be any time soon).

Does anyone know of any source for the data that would be admissible in OSM? I'm only aware of this as a possible source:

https://www.gov.uk/hs2-phase-two-initial-preferred-route-plan-and-profile-maps#route-map-west-midlands-to-leeds

From talking to the original mapper I believe that the thinking behind it is that although the OS data on those maps clearly isn't usable, the overlay position of the new line ought to be. The bottom of that page says "All content is available under the Open Government Licence, except where otherwise stated" but then "Crown copyright" just to the right. I said that I wasn't sure and would ask here.

Cheers,

Andy