On 23 September 2013 11:39, Tom Chance <t...@acrewoods.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to get this user account suspended/banned:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Quercus1/edits

Whilst, if they fail to respond to a direct approach, such steps may
be needed...

> I have tried contacting him/her to no avail. All these edits are bogus and
> many involve the deletion of features.

The edits seem to be seriously incompetent, rather than actually
bogus, or malicious.  They seem to be an attempt to micro-map against
Bing without understanding what they are doing.  Looking at changeset
17769888, what they are doing is trying to plot individual plots,
buildings and the actual carriageway and  pavement boundaries, but
without providing any tags and without closing areas.

At a guess, they are doing a presentational markup in JOSM, possibly
in wire frame mode, and don't realise you need to double trace shared
edges, and that you must map carriageways and sidewalks as areas, if
you are going to micro-map them to this level.  (I'd also argue that
the level of micro-mapping of the pavement and carriageway is
excessive and will only clutter the map, even if done properly.)

It's not clear why they wouldn't set attributes, unless they intend to
come back later.

The building and plot additions are repairable.  I would, personally,
want the road/pavement changes backed out.