On 3 April 2015 at 17:55, John Aldridge <j...@jjdash.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On 03/04/2015 15:55, Colin Smale wrote:
>
>> According to the National Street Gazetteer, the official source of
>>
> street names is the local authority in their Local Street Gazetteer
>> which they have to feed into the NSG. Is this the "other database" to
>> which you refer?
>>

> Probably, I couldn't remember the details.

The official source of street names, house names and numbers is the
planning panel of the appropriate authority (council) for that area. During
the meeting, the minutes record the meeting and say a street is agreed to
be called Mystreet Close, then that is recorded in the minutes. At the
following meeting, the previous meeting's minutes will be read, approved by
those in attendance and signed off by the Chairman as a true record. If
those signed off minutes show the new street to be called Mystereet Close
then that is the street's official name.

--
Mike.
@millomweb <https://sites.google.com/site/millomweb/index/introduction> -

*currently unavailable due to ongoing harassment of me, my family, property
& pets*

T&Cs <https://sites.google.com/site/pmailkeey/e-mail>