From: Brian Prangle [mailto:bpran...@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 June 2016 18:13
To: Talk GB
Subject: [Talk-GB] Next Quarterly Project

Hi everyone

A new quarter starts tomorrow so we need a new topic.  How about farms?  Or
more precisely landuse=farmyard. These are major landmarks in rural areas,
often with sizeable buildings and usually named in OS StreetView. The only data
I've found  so far is that there are approx. 100,000  recipients of EU farm
subsidies and taginfo with approx 14,000 farms mapped in OSM - so a long way to
go.  There are obvious problems with just armchair mapping - some farms seem to
be little more than caravan storage, some have transformed into equestrian
centres, small industrial parks or become just residential - so lots of
encouragement for long walks or cycle rides in the country during our glorious
English summer

Those of us in mappamercia want to try and concentrate our efforts in one place
as this makes a more obvious difference to the map - so we'll be concentrating
on the county of Herefordshire, which is generally sparsely mapped. You're all
welcome to assist, or to suggest a similar place in your own region.

Rob Nickerson will be setting up a taginfo script to show us a running daily
total.

Happy mapping!

Regards

Brian