Ed

Roughly what I do, but I separate the farmhouse by surrounding it with a
landuse=residental way. I also usually tag buildings either agricultural or
residential accordingly. Many can be listed buildings too so heritage
tagging applies. I try to connect farmyards to the road network with  a
track or service road

Regards

Brian