The farms near me that grow grass as a crop to transplant onto, say, a pitch sell their product as turf.

I would say this is crop=turf on landuse=farmland, the turf is grown for many seasons on the same location.

--
cheers
Chris Hill (chillly)


On 09/01/2017 21:28, Warin wrote:
Hi,


There are a number of farms near me (on a flood plain) that are used to produce grass.

However when I look it up on wikipedia .. I get sod. And, yes, I will know what you mean if you tell me to 'sod off' :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sod


I am wondering what is 'best' GB English in this case ... grass? or sod?


I am tending towards sod, but this might create language translation problems, I'll raise that on a separate forum if necessary.


So, what say you? grass? or sod?


_______________________________________________
Talk-GB mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb


_______________________________________________
Talk-GB mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb

Reply via email to