On 10 January 2017 at 16:02, Paul Berry <[email protected]> wrote:
> So, convinced you were talking about me :) should I change ref to prow_ref on 
> this and other footpaths I've tracked recently?
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/464500797

I'd definitely recommend using prow_ref=* to store the reference
names/numbers of Public Rights of Way (Footpaths, Bridleways,
Restricted Byways and BOATs).

Usually, I think, the numbering system is on a per-parish basis. If
so, then it would be useful to include the parish name too for
disambiguation purposes. Unless the County Council uses some other
specific scheme, I'd suggest using a standard format of
prow_ref="[Parish Name] [Type] [Number]" where [Type] is one of FP,
BR, RB, and BY, and [Number] is the assigned path number without any
leading zeros (usually integer, possibly with a letter suffix).

So your example above would presumably become be prow_ref=Ingbirchworth FP 1.

Best wishes,

Robert.

_______________________________________________
Talk-GB mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb

Reply via email to