> Does that make sense? If so, how do I do it?

For similar reasons I've avoided mapping the Mander Centre in Wolverhampton
which has 1 level of shop entrances on Dudley Street, 2 in the middle, but 1
again on Victoria Street. Due to the hill the Dudley Street ground level and
Victoria Street ground level aren't the same one (hence the two levels in the
middle).

I suspect
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:level
might be applicable, but the fact that the 0 (ground) level on opposite sides
of the shopping centre isn't the same makes me wonder how best to tag.

Ed