On 12/01/2017 10:58, Will Phillips wrote:
Great to see some new mapping taking place in Evesham. I do visit
occasionally and last year did some updates around the centre.
Unfortunately I haven't had much time during recent visits.

Tagging multi-level buildings can be difficult and there isn't one
agreed way to go about it. Generally I would try to keep it as simple as
possible while adding the information you consider important.

The easiest option in this case would be to place a node inside the
existing Town Hall building outline. Tag the node as a cafe, add the
name and other details as you wish. Also add level=0 to show it is on
the ground floor.

OK, I've done that for now. We'll see how it looks when it updates.

On a related note, should a cafe-bar be tagged as a cafe, or a bar? There doesn't seem to be an option for cafe-bar, despite this being an increasingly popular form of catering outlet!

Mark

_______________________________________________
Talk-GB mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-gb

Reply via email to