Andy,

I'll agree that everything is not like in Belgium (luckily :-)  ). But
the screenshots Miguel showed, has street signs showing 2 names.
So how can you determine the preferred name from looking at that sign ?
And also preferred to who ?

If you someone manage to determine that in a purely objective way, you
can fill in the name. I fail to see how the process to determine the
preferred name works.
In this thread I only read something about a few mappers deciding that it is X.

regards

m.