On Fri, 2017-09-01 at 12:04 +0100, Andy Townsend wrote:

> One thing you won't be short of is the sheer volume of data.  If you
> like a challenge, go for it - but I suspect that you might be better
> starting with somewhere with fewer variables if you want some
> quantifiable results to come out of it.

Or as you are based in my old hometown of Les-tah, why not use that as
a starting point to get to grips with OSM data. It has fewer variables
and is mostly mapped by locals. It is not such a tourist attraction as
London.

And as for learning OSM it makes sense to start with where you are, if
something is puzzling you then you can go and have look see without
traveling 100 miles.

Phil (trigpoint)