Hi,

On 1/5/19 9:49 PM, Dave F wrote:
> I'm about to do a GB wide edit changing highway=ford (545) to ford=yes
> (4814). I know a few contributors like to get upset about wide area
> edits, even when they been discussed, so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

It sounds as if you are belittling those who "like to get upset" but at
the same time you're writing your message in a combative and
uncooperative tone that is increasing the likelihood of someone getting
upset!

> Yes, it has been discussed a couple of times on Tagging, & once on
> OSM-carto when deciding on the icon to use.

It would be good if you could link to these discussions instead of just
claiming they were had, for the benefit of those who joined between "a
few years ago" and now.

Bye
Frederik