Nick Whitelegg wrote:
I wondered if anyone had any affordable hosting recommendations?

Would be looking for hosting of not much more than approximately £20/EUR 20 per month, perhaps £30/EUR 30 as a maximum.

My current server has 1GB of memory and can just about cope with the areas above, so I suspect for the whole of Europe more memory would be required. Storage requirements for Britain, Ireland and Greece is perhaps (as an estimate) 10GB or a little less.

Amazon Lightsail (in London):

$20/month, 4 GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, 80 GB SSD storage, 4 TB/month bandwidth.

You can add extra storage for $0.10/GB/month.  There are also modest
additional charges for snapshots (for backups).

I have found Lightsail to be very reliable and good value.

The only thing to watch out for is the bandwidth pricing if you exceed
the monthly allowance.  If that's going to be a concern, consider
DigitalOcean.

Regards, Phil.