On 29/07/2019 11:21, ael wrote:
In the case that I mentioned, it was certainly not from their own GPS logs.

A few examples I came across while looking at these with a DWG hat on were also not from GPS logs.  In one case Amazon would have had to have been delivering by tractor; in another the actual building they would have been delivering to was first mapped in 2013 and was derelict then.

What I suspect that they were doing was "doing other mapping while they were in the area" (which to be fair is pretty much what nearly everyone else does too).

Best Regards,

Andy