On 27/03/2020 15:30, Lester Caine wrote:
I would also add that having been FIGHTING the Facebook Places naming process,

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't believe that what Facebook (and Instagram, and WhatsApp, et al) "places" are directly related to OSM.

At the DWG* we get a huge amount of complaints about Facebook locations being buggy; people send the complaints to us because they hear that Facebook use OSM data.  Upon investigation most or all of these turn out to be perfectly OK in OSM.  Sometimes what some people call a place doesn't match what other people call it (see https://web.archive.org/web/20190225133138/http://ma3t.co.uk/euanmills/euanmills/tifd.html et al) but generally OSM is what the complainer was expecting but Facebook not.

Best Regards,

Andy

* OSM's Data Working Group, who get all sorts of complaints about OSM Data, and also more varied complaints from people, such as those surprised when they search for things in Instagram it shows their location, and other information from local contacts that they have chosen to share with Facebook.