On 03/07/2020 20:37, I wrote:

You could probably also match the names from OS OpenMap using the same principle. That doesn't include USRNs, but the LineStrings are likely to match the Open USRN geometry pretty closely. Either way, it should be possible to assign names to Open USRNs simply by overlaying them on a map which already has names.

Just for reference, I've just compared the LineStrings for the street where I live in both Open USRN and OS OpenMap Local. Apart from the fact that, for one coordinate pair, OSOML is rounding to two decimal places wile Open USRN uses three decimal places, they are identical.

Obviously, that's just one suburban residential street, and other, more complex routes may not match so well. But the principle works on a sample location, so it's just a case of seeing how consistent it is across the entire network. I may have a look at that in more detail next week. But I've been working flat out on processing open UPRNs and UPRNs since Wednesday, and, right now, it's wine o'clock :-)

Mark