Hi,

A mapper has recently added a long mountain bike route to OSM and there has
been a difference of opinions in the changeset comments
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/87757341 .So I thought I'd share
here to try to achieve some community consensus.

Personally I'm concerned that it appears to be an undiscussed import
without explicit copyright owner permission, possibly containing OS-derived
data. It goes against the general principle that we only map what's on the
ground, potentially opening the floodgates for all kinds of such unmarked
routes. The route is tagged as ncn despite not being part of the National
Cycle Network and as a mountain bike route is largely unsuitable for
general bicycle routing.

Does anybody have any further thoughts? I'll make the original mapper aware
of this discussion.

Kind regards,

Adam