I’d agree with your approach and I’ve raised this before, but haven’t had the
time to come back to it.

From a routing perspective it would be useful to be able to tag ACCESSIBILITY
- ie sections of route that are unsuitable for some users - not related to the
legality but so that disabled cyclists (unable to dismount), those using
trailers  or trikes or other non-standard cycles could specify a route that
avoided sections where they could not ride.

Yes, I think bicycle dismount is correct tagging in this case not because of
the legality but because of the steps.  If the bridge was had a ramp, or there
was a subway, and it *could* be ridden across (even if there was a cyclist
dismount sign) then I think tagging the dismount would be wrong.