Hi,

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:fortification%20type=ringfort?uselang=en-GB

Was someone running a project on mapping / tidying-up raths / ringforts? I
notice many are mapped in Cork and Kilkenny, but few elsewhere.

I haven't come across many of these until the last few weeks. In that time, I
seem to have been tagging them incorrectly.

Can I check the correct tagging is:
historic=archaeological_site
site_type=fortification
fortification_type=ringfort ?

I checked http://stat.latlon.org/ie/latest/ for the word "fort", (I didn't
check for name~fort or description~fort) and there are many tagging variations
(not all of these will be ringforts).

archaeological_site=earthworks
archaeological_site=fort
archaeological_site=ring_fort
archaeological_site=ringfort
castle_type=fortification
castle_type=fortress
earthworks=rath
earthworks=ringfort
earthworks=ringfort (rath)
fortification=ring_ditch
fortification_type=hill_fort
fortification_type=hillfort
fortification_type=ringfort
historic=fort
historic=fortification
historic=hillfort
historic=ring fort
historic=ring_fort
inscription=Ring fort
military=fort
note=Ancient fort
note=Ancient ring fort
note=Fawney (fainne) means ring, maybe the site of a ringfort? Was also slang
to kiss the King/Lords ring. Very interesting as the road is called the Royal
Oak
note=Fort
note=Not sure if these are Barrows or rath, or what the difference is! Ring fort
note=Not sure if these are Barrows or raths, or what the difference is! Ring
fort
note=Ring Fort?
note=Round Fort?
note=ring fort