there seem to be a lot of Via Francigenas, I have been mapping part of
"Via Francigena di San Francesco" in Provincia di Rieti. I also have a
map which is entitled "La Via di Roma, La Via Francigena di San
Francesco" but apparently doesn't follow the same path. The part that
is on my map goes Assisi, Foligno, Trevi, Poreta, Spoleto, Ceselli,
Arrone, Piediluco, Poggio Bustone, Rieti, Belmonte in Sabina,
Torricella in Sabina, Poggio San Lorenzo, Monteleone Sabino, Poggio
Moiano, (then there is 2 alternatives Fara in Sabina or Ponticelli in
Scandriglia), Montelibretti, Monterotondo, Monte Sacro, Roma.

In the Internet there is 2 dedicated sites:
www.camminodifrancesco.it
www.viafrancigenadisanfrancesco.com

Here is one of the signs I found along the way:
http://www.23hq.com/dieterdreist/photo/6138620
and a local "deviation"
http://www.23hq.com/dieterdreist/photo/5953519

Cheers Martin

PS: Excuse me for posting in English to the Italian list, I followed
the others...