what about amenity=public_health_clinic ? There are many types of clinics

Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
How about amenity=clinic?

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:26 PM, eric pareja <eric.par...@gmail.com <mailto:eric.par...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    hi ian, maning,

    tagging health centers as public building or doctor's clinic would
    probably be correct in keeping with generic tagging, but it would
    be more useful if they are tagged specifically as "health
    centers". i've been convincing my boss at the national telehealth
    center, UP Manila, to use openstreetmap.org
    <http://openstreetmap.org> and this would be a good use case for us.

    ian, if both health centers and police outposts are tagged as
    public buildings, how do we differentiate them? there's value in
    distinguishing the health centers as such, and we'd like to be
    able to work with that data to help direct patients to the nearest
one.

    On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM, ianlopez