so it's like downloading tracks/waypoints from my nuvi 1300, there's a
GPX folder there and a file named current.gpx and and archived one

what I do is transfer tracks/waypoints to my laptop using Mapsource
then copy/paste/delete only the data I need, save into another GPX
file

I will open the GPX file using wordpad to "cover my tracks" in some
instances then upload to OSM site for updating/editing

On 6/21/10, maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/2v82xav
>
> http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=12727
> http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=224
>

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Jim Morgan <j...@datalude.com> wrote:
>> Bart Bartolome wrote, On Monday, 21 June, 2010 04:45 PM:
>>> Can you guys help me with how to get the tracks out of the garmin mobile
>>> xt?  Googling didn't help me. ;)
>>
>> My immediate thought would be GPSbabel ... http://www.gpsbabel.org/
>>
>> Have you tried this already? It seems to handle most Garmin formats, and I
>> imagine the serial/USB protocol would be the same for all models ....
>>
>> So you might do something like this for Windows
>>        gpsbabel -t -i garmin -f com1 -o gpx -F output.gpx
>>
>> Or in linux:
>>        gpsbabel -t -i garmin -f /dev/ttyS0 -o gpx -F output.gpx
>>
>> You might have to try a few different formats (ie, change the bit after
>> -i) and you'd have to know the port the unit is connected to ( com1 or
>> /dev/ttyS0 )
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> --
>>   datalude: information security
>>   e: j...@datalude.com
>>   Philippines: +63 2 403 1311 / mob: +63 920 912 5830
>>   Hong Kong: +852 6840 6693
>>   w: http://www.datalude.com/

> --
> cheers,