well, with the Philippine ATM setup, jamming GPS won't jam ATM machines in
Pinas.

I don't think there's a correlation with the ATMs and clock jamming, out of
sync time for machines will only be a reconciliation problem (the payment
back-office side) of banks but ATM transactions won't be affected. Must be a
hypothesis without any real proof GPS jamming did it...encryption of ATMs
also use 3DES and not any time-based algorithm.

Jamming the GPS will only make the signal unavailable but the time of the
NTP primary server (network time protocol, who gets signals from the GPS
satellite) will still be the same, and if even altered may alter system and
network time but won't make ATM network go offline

anyway, here's an interesting news from Google Maps
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/infotech/view/20110308-324118/Google-Maps-now-helps-users-beat-traffic-jams

this is one of my future nice-to-have
what if we can "alter" routing algorithm decisions with time-based/real time
practical max_speed for garmin
to make intelligent routing decisions like this one?

we all know the ETA for our units are not even near real world

--
---
I explore, therefore I blog.

http://www.backpackingphilippines.com