On Thursday, 12 September, 2013 09:31 AM, maning sambale wrote:
In some cases, we had to switch the way direction to follow the the
convention [0] that the "direction of the way should be downstream
Hah, I'd never really thought of this before. I guess a lot of times I start tracing from the sea backwards inland, so I've probably got this wrong a few times.

It started me thinking though. If you were able to get the elevation data for the start point and end point of a waterway, you could probably work out the direction of flow from that, and apply it automagically.

So what about canals? :-)

Jim