As far as the Garmin GPS map based on OSM to which I compile, either a
polygon or a node would do as long as the original tags of the node are
re-tagged on the new polygon.

I've brought this issue up to Ivet and eventually to Feye a couple of weeks
ago. I have noticed that the new nodes they create on top of the existing
node is still there on most of what I checked from some of the areas I
monitor. But I am aware they will fix this as soon as they are done.

Ervin M.
*Schadow1 Expeditions* - A Filipino must not be a stranger to his own
motherland.
http://www.s1expeditions.com