In light of some suspicious edits by a "tongkho" who have been upgrading
road classes without providing reasons (usually in edits with the comment
"Modified"), I think we should continue discussions on classifying PH roads
once again and come up with a consensus.

Again, here is my proposed definitions of each road class, since the last
discussions plus my additional suggestions:

-Motorway: expressway
-Trunk: highways between cities with population of 100,000+, usually 1 to
2-digit national roads; major roads resembling expressways (with U-turns,
overpasses/underpasses at major junctions, intersection closures, or
service roads for business/residential/local access)
-Primary: highways between small cities and large towns, usually 3-digit
national roads; major arteries
-Secondary: highways between smaller towns, usually being unnumbered
national roads and provincial roads; minor arteries
-Tertiary: roads between barangays; collector roads
-Unclassified: minor non-residential local roads
-Residential: residential streets
-Service: driveways, drive-thru lanes, parking lot roads, eskinitas/alleys/
residential streets with width <2.5 m.
-Footway: walkways, sidewalks, "eskinita" not passable to cars or tricycles

In this proposal, living_street is to be deprecated. It was adapted in
2015, but contentions have been raised on its use in developing-world
contexts.

In the 2015 scheme, trunk was intended to be used on 1 to 2-dight national
roads (i.e. the North-South Backbone or Rte 1 (N1), East-West Laterals, and
Other Roads of Strategic Importance) but some mappers use it for roads that
resemble expressways to some degree (e.g. Commonwealth Ave, C5, CSCR) or
any roads seen as major highways popularly even where it should be tagged
lower. The alternative definition of "expressway-like road" is included in
the proposal, but may or may not be included in the final definition.

--TagaSanPedroAko