(Continuing my previous post since it got stuck)

Some important concerns we need to address are:

- The definition of trunk. It is intended for the primary highway network
(those with 1-2 digit highway numbers) plus roads that close the gaps, but
it also has been adopted to mean the likes of Commonwealth, C-5, and CSCR,
and it also has been used to mean critical highway links between provinces,
basing on the tree trunk analogy
-There is the need to narrow the definition of primary and extend the
meaning of secondary in rural/provincial contexts. Existing definition of
primary is any road linking all other towns outside the trunk network, but
that led to its overuse, and so, the existing definition is increasingly
being ignored especially if the road in question links small towns, or it's
an unnumbered highway or provincial road with lower traffic volumes (and
both factors). My proposed redefinitions again for those classifications
are:
--- primary: major highways with regions or provinces. Common indicators:
3-digit highway number, at least 2 lanes with shoulders, major destinations
being large towns and small cities
--- secondary: other highways connecting cities and towns without
traversing primary or trunk roads. Common indicators: unnumbered national
road or provincial road, lower traffic volumes, primary destinations being
a small town or a large rural barangay along the way, unpaved or no
shoulders.
-The tagging of narrow residential streets, alleyways/"eskinita".

I'm thinking also of creating a newbies' guide on tagging roads, which will
be based on any further discussion here.

--TagaSanPedroAko