On 23 Sep 2009, at 19:32, Shaun McDonald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday I was out checking a few bus stops in East Lothian
> (cycling from Musselburgh out along the coast to North Berwick).
> Pretty much all of them had no information other than a flag which
> said that buses stop here and that you are in East Lothian. There
> was one that had a timetable where there were 4 buses per day to the
> regional hospital in Edinburgh. Most of the bus stops did have a
> space for a timetable but there was nothing in there about it. Is
> this normal for more rural stops?
>
> Is it any wonder hardly any one uses the bus in the area when they
> have no idea of where they go? (Well that's probably diverging from
> the point).

Yes, the level of information provision is very variable across the
county - the nearest stop to my house has information dated August
2005! Possibly we should use FixMyStreet to report these to the
authorities?

I have been adding 'tabletable_case=yes' to indicate that there is
somewhere to put timetable information, but I have not been indicating
whether there is any information in it.

Regards,

Peter