On 23 Sep 2009, at 23:50, Peter Miller wrote:

On 23 Sep 2009, at 19:32, Shaun McDonald wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I was out checking a few bus stops in East Lothian
(cycling from Musselburgh out along the coast to North Berwick).
Pretty much all of them had no information other than a flag which
said that buses stop here and that you are in East Lothian. There
was one that had a timetable where there were 4 buses per day to the
regional hospital in Edinburgh. Most of the bus stops did have a
space for a timetable but there was nothing in there about it. Is
this normal for more rural stops?

Is it any wonder hardly any one uses the bus in the area when they
have no idea of where they go? (Well that's probably diverging from
the point).

Yes, the level of information provision is very variable across the
county - the nearest stop to my house has information dated August
2005! Possibly we should use FixMyStreet to report these to the
authorities?

The fact there is no timetable information is going to be a real pain, as every stop in East Lothian is missing it. Where it is out of date then I think it would be a good idea.

Or maybe we need to crowd source it. I'm sure we could get ahold of the keys to open the cases and ITOWorld to enable access to people who want to print out the timetables and maps using their transport tools, and bingo we have decent bus stop information.

I have been adding 'tabletable_case=yes' to indicate that there is
somewhere to put timetable information, but I have not been indicating
whether there is any information in it.

timetable_case=empty | no | information | out_of_date sound like a good way of recording the information.

Shaun