Think of a terminal bus station somewhere in the center of a city. Four bus lines end here. One platform of 50m. The four lines stop always at the same position (line 1 is first,..., line 4 is last). Only one pole for all buses. Where do you place your tags? Or how do you tell where to wait for bus number 4? At the pole that is 40m away from the stop position?

It is up to you to use a new schema, or not if you dislike.

I usually do not map already mapped routes/stations again, so I do not have to drop an original node. But when I map a new station I map stop position AND platform.