On 01/24/2011 11:00 AM, Michał Borsuk wrote:
Am 24.01.2011 10:39, schrieb Dominik Mahrer (Teddy):
On 01/24/2011 10:10 AM, Michał Borsuk wrote:
As far as I understand the issue, stop areas are used to tie different
stops into one "transferring area".

No, you did not understand correct. stop_area_group is (was?) for that.

By the way, I have removed stop_area_group from the proposal.

Then what is the exact difference between public_transport=stop_area and
amenity=bus_station (or equivalent for other vehicle types)?

public_transport=station is an area usually dedicated to public transport (in contrary a simple platform or pole can be part of a/placed on a sidewalk and the bus can stop on the street without bus bay and is therefore shared with other infrastructure). A station can be a building or an area (similar to landuse) and has an exact geographic position.

public_transport=stop_area contains all the attributes that are shared by all the primitives (reference, operator, network, ...). All this information has nothing to do with the geographic positioning. It is to reduce redundancy. If you prefer put the attributes to all the primitives and leave away the stop area.

Teddych