On 27.01.2011 22:06, Michael von Glasow wrote:
You can find the proposal at:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Simplified_Public_Transport_Scheme

Constructive feedback and suggestions are welcome and can be sent to the
list or left on the proposal's discussion page.

It seams to me, this proposal is a sipmlified version of my proposal with the following key features:

Used well known tags for stops (also possible with mine).
Stop area left away (also possible with mine).
One relation per direction (identical to mine).
Route master left away (also possible with mine).

So I do not see a real benefit of this proposal...

One thing that can not be represented: If a tram stop is also a light_rail stop. In Zurich we have several stops they are both at the same time.

And one thing I'm not sure if it is a good idea: to redefine railway=halt/railway=tram_stop to beside the way. I personally would not try to redefine a well known tag.

Teddych