When the people were importing NaPTAN in the first place, they insisted
that someone locally should request it (and take on the responsibility of
sorting out conflicts). I guess no-one volunteered in Brighton.

It's possible someone is still watching the relevant wiki page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Request_for_Import

(so if you edit it with a request for import, they may respond).

I found it easier to import the lot, and merge where required.

Richard