On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 10:23 -0700, Apollinaris Schoell wrote:
> it's bad if you don't have a 4WD but your navi thinks it's perfect to
> use :(
> but even tomtom, google, ... have the same errors in these areas.
> if we want osm to be better there is no easy way to get it right
> without checking the reality.
> mass imports give a good starting point but it's really hard to remove
> the old invalid data and there not many mappers in remote areas to
> verify it.

Amen to that!

If I had it to do all over again, I'd make a unique user-id for each
upload instance.  The upload-uuid helps, but it's not volatile upon
edits.

It would probably be smart for any navigation system using OSM to check
for tiger:reviewed=no.  Perhaps I should go thorough and retag the TIGER
data which is so far been unmodified.

-- Dave