On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:03 PM, Zeke Farwell <ezeki...@gmail.com> wrote:
[ ... ]
> I think access=no make sense for any closed road/bridge, but I'd like some
> supporting tags to supply the rest of the information.

That would be nice. I'd hope that the mapper reporting the closed
bridge in this case would add extra tags or at least the note tag as
applicable.  In this case perhaps closed = condemned and never to open
again?

> On another note, I don't like rendering of the access=no/private tag.

Now that is another matter.  Not "tagging" but rendering.  If you have
a look at how bride=yes, access=closed renders on the four default OSM
layers (mapnik, osmarender, cyclemap and nonames) you might find four
different renderings.  Suggestions to improve those should made at
http://trac/openstreetmap.org and filed under the name of the
renderer.  If you can include a mockup or the style file that would
make you some kind of super-hero.

> I probably should move this conversation to the tagging list at this point.
>  Is it just tagg...@openstreetmap.org?

No, I think you covered it.  ;-)