On 10/4/2011 9:04 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:
The purpose of this project is to improve the tagging and better reflect
local addressing practice, particularly in areas where the Karlsruhe
schema does not fit local practice. This includes Japan and United
States, but likely other regions as well. We've made attempts to
consolidate a number of addressing discussions and proposals from around
the OSM wiki.

I must confess that I haven't seen cases in the US that aren't already covered by Karlsruhe. The only thing I can think of would be multi floors and building interiors - which aren't generally mapped in OSM anyway. If the problem is that something isn't documented clearly, that can be addressed. One thing I noticed is that the page links to the proposed Karlsruhe schema rather than the 'approved' page:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr

I started to look at the US ... Address Data Standard and admit that I'd be blown away at trying to at trying to add any of it to typical OSM address data collection process. I'd probably just end up entering everything with FIXME's and let someone else fix it. <g>