On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) My human error rate estimation of 1/1000 seems entirely reasonable.
> Think typos, or misreading. I'm sure we see error rates that high now
> in OSM and we find them acceptable. A computer that's acting
> conservatively will actually produce far lower error rates!

But its error rates are potentially much more annoying.  "Doctor
Martin Luther King Bolevard" is one thing.  "Drive Martin Luther King
Boulevard" is another.  The latter will be much more difficult to find
at a later date and flag for review.

Maybe you won't make that particular error, but you're going to have
to be really careful to avoid making any errors like it.  And relying
on the TIGER tags may or may not help.  I wouldn't be surprised if
many of the TIGER tags themselves are screwed up, based on the kinds
of mistakes I've seen in TIGER data.

Anthony