Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> It looks pretty good from what I saw, with the obvious exception
> that newer homes aren't tagged.  I'm going to clean up my code
> a bit and stick it up on github somewhere.

If you chaps are all dead set on doing another massive TIGER import - hey,
it's your funeral - could I at least urge a little caution on the
practicalities of it all?

Just having a look at the .osm file posted here, for example, the street
names are all unexpanded: Washington St, Park Ave, Deer Run Ln, etc. There
have been about 937 threads about expanding TIGER street names since the
initial import and it would be a shame to fall into the same hole again.

I'm also very very doubtful about the value of importing city, state and (!)
country: if we don't have polygons for all of those already, then we really
should. Importing n billion nodes into the States which all say "hey, this
is in the States" will bloat the database and hammer download speeds for
absolutely no gain whatsoever.

cheers
Richard