I just moved to the Deale, Maryland area and am working on cleaning up the
Tiger data and mapping as many POI as I can.  I found that the shoreline here,
though, is very rough.  Along the Chesapeake Bay the TIGER/LineĀ® 2008 Place
Shapefiles appears to outline the separation of water and land quite well but
is labeled as an administrative boundary.  The water boundary is sourced from
PGS and does a good job in some areas but lacks much detail that the other
provides.

Is there a good way to make the PGS-sourced data match the Tiger data in
certain areas to improve the accuracy?

If you'd like to see what I'm talking about take a look at the area around
N38.7773972 W76.543262.

Thanks.

-- Eric

Eric H Christensen        e...@christensenplace.us
"Sparks"                  spa...@fedoraproject.org
097C 82C3 52DF C64A 50C2  E3A3 8076 ABDE 024B B3D1