Throwing my hat into this one, I'm thinking the new style also reuses some
of the old style tags and conventions.  That said, since I'm not trying to
automate a driverless bus fleet, I tend to only use the old style method.
Coincidentally, this generally works out well for most situations and is
nicely exportable to GTFS if you want to go full on public transport geek
and set up an OpenTripPlanner instance (stretch goal for me working with
the regional transit systems).

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 3:09 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com