On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 2:20 PM Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:

> The real core question is: will you have newbies or not?

I believe we will be more on the newbie side. There was a Maptime meet with
an introduction to OSM in November, which generated a couple new
contributors who will hopefully show up. So I'm personally aiming at
showing people who already know what OSM is how to do non-armchair mapping.
Actually improving data quality is only a secondary goal. If things go
well, we can have follow-up meetings that focus more on the later. But who
knows who's actually going to show up.

It just occurred to me that I have no clue how to edit with iD. Probably
something to look into before the meet-up.

> If you have newbies you need to think about if you want to pair them up
> with old hands or have them go out and learn the ropes on their own
> (I've tried both and there are likely an even number of pros and cons
> for both).

I would have gone with the former option but see how the other option could
work too.

Thanks for the input.