Hello OSM Friends,

Most of you are aware November 15-21 is OSM Geography Awareness
Week.<http://osmgeoweek.org/> In support of this, Missing Maps has been
coordinating with University groups around the country to host mapathons. While
some of these groups have experienced mappers among their circles, many do not.
We would love to get support from OSM users around the country to help with
training and general questions at these events. This would be a great
opportunity for local OSM communities to expand their network and share OSM
knowledge. Plus who doesn't like free food and making new friends?

A list of events have been posted here<http://www.missingmaps.org/>. Keep in
mind some details are still being worked out so if you are unable to sign up
online and would like to attend an event, please send me a message and I will
get you connected.

If there are no events in your area, we can help you host one. Info on how to
get started with your own mapathon can be found
here.<http://www.missingmaps.org/mapathons/>

If you can't do either and want to help sometime in the future, send me you
name, contact info and location and we will keep you updated!

Look forward to hearing from you. Happy Fall OSM'ers!

Best,
The Missing Maps Team