This is the correct list. Ideally you could include building outlines as
well as addresses in your project. This might be a good project to involve
other mappers. Doing the work in small chunks should help improve data
quality. We've found that the street names can differ from not only what
OSM has but even the counties road database. As I recall, Columbia is a
university town - you could reachout to whatever department teaches GIS to
look for people that would be interested in learning more about OSM.

St. Louis, which I realize is a ways away, has an established OSM community
that may be interested in helping.

Clifford

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Jacob Hansson <j...@neotechnology.com>
wrote:

> Not sure if this is the right ML to ask on, but I couldn't find a
> missouri-specific list.
>
> I started marking street numbers manually a bit today. However, looking at
> the edits made to my town (Columbia, MO) every other edit is made by bots
> or by people far away participating in various remote mapping events. Eg:
> It's going to take me eons to manually mark out just my local town.
>
> University of Missouri has data at least for my county and neighboring
> counties containing street addresses with lat/lon, current as of 2014. It's
> licensed as public domain:
> http://geoportal.missouri.edu/geoportal/catalog/content/disclaimer.page
>
> I've pulled the Greene county data into a CSV of street names, numbers,
> zipcodes, city and lat/lon, it's about 120 000 addresses. I'd like to match
> this with the OSM data, merging in any street address that isn't already in
> OSM. There are *very* few street addresses added to either county at this
> point, so there are few conflicts to resolve. The dataset in question is
> here:
> http://geoportal.missouri.edu/geoportal/catalog/search/resource/details.page?uuid={725FD13E-AB2E-41B7-8413-88317C609FBC}
>
> Does anyone feel uncomfortable with this? If not, my plan is something
> like:
>
> - Update the imports wiki pages to link to this data set and my efforts to
> import it
> - Try the import locally and resolve conflicts, opting to chuck MU data if
> OSM already has the same address
> - Stage the import for review somewhere
> - Post back here
> - If nobody vetoes, merge it in
> - If that works out well, iterate to add more counties
>
> Best,
> Jacob

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us