I am very happy to see this rekindled interest in TIGER cleanup!

Having done a fair amount of backcountry exploring, I know that there is a
wide range of road grades and aerial imagery alone is not enough to decide
how navigable a roads is for a particular type of vehicle. Or, for that
matter, what its access limitations are. I do agree with Clifford that
leaving them as poorly aligned 'residential' roads is the worst possible
situation. Yes, worse than deleting the road altogether. What I usually do
is mark the road as track without a track grade tag. This seems to me to be
the most acceptable generic solution for a remote mapper: acknowledging
that something that could potentially be navigated by a 4 wheeled vehicle
exists, without being more specific. Local knowledge can then come to the
rescue to upgrade to unclassified if appropriate.

Another note on the MapRoulette side of things: I would very much
appreciate your feedback on the new MapRoulette version Clifford linked to.
Just email me, join #maproulette on slack, or file an issue at
https://github.com/maproulette/maproulette3/issues.

Martijn